LIBRARY GENERAL RULES
1. The College Library will be open from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days and on Saturdays from 8.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
2. Application for books should be made in the prescribed ‘Application for Books’ obtained from the library.
3. Books will be given for home reading on all working days. They should be returned promptly within 10 days. A fine of ₹1.00 will be imposed for every additional day’s delay thereafter. For further delay, the rate of fine will be progressive.
4. A student who has borrowed the books is held responsible for it and any damage done to it. He/She is expected to examine the book which he/she receives and report immediately to the library staff if any damage is found in it. Otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for any damage found later.
5. Students are not permitted to lend books to others, whether in or out of the Institute. If this rule is violated the student concerned may lose the privileges of the library.
6. Students may borrow magazines, Journals and other reading materials at the periodical section/library counter. They must return/replace them at the designated place/shelves before leaving the library.
7. Students are advised to make use of the free time for the maximum use of the library.
8. Internet browsing and Xerox facilities are available in the library.
9. All the students are expected to be the members of the library and obtain the library Borrower’s cards.
10. Books and other library materials will be issued to the students only on production of the valid Identity Card.
11. No photograph of the Library shall be taken without the prior permission of the Librarian.
12. The Librarian reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time.
13. All the readers are advised not to leave their valuables at the Checkpoint. Library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
14. An ID Card should be compulsory entering into the library.
15. Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECT, etc.
16. Users must switch-off their mobile phone or turn it into silent mode.
17. Absolute silence, discipline and decorum should be maintained in the Library premises.
18. Dress code of the Institute must be maintained during Library visit.
19. Standing at the Library entrance, chatting and discussion disturbs readers.
20. Consumption of eatables and beverages in the Library premises is not allowed.
21. Chewing Gum is strictly prohibited.